Sunday, December 25, 2011

Top Five Books of 2011

So I have read so many new books this year that I have had trouble remembering them all, but as we near the end of the year I wanted to let you guys know the books I loved the most this year. I'm not including books that are in a series unless they are the first as otherwise I'm never going to get this list below about fifty let alone down to five! If you haven't read them yet, they're something to consider buying in the end of year sales and if you have read them then please fan-girl along with me.

5. Beauty Queens by Libba Bray

I saw the cover of this book and even before I read the description or anything about it I was laughing. And the laughter didn't stop the entire way through, despite not being an easy person to make laugh. This book was one of the weirdest I've ever read but it has made this list as it is absolute genius.


4. Wither by Lauren DeStefano

This was one of the first dystopians I read apart from the Hunger Games and it sent me into a bit of a craze for them (which this list totally reflects). While neither hugely action packed nor cheerful, I fell in love with the story and the characters. But for me, one of the highlights of this book is Lauren DeStefano's gorgeous prose. 

3. Anna and the French Kiss AND Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins

Yes, yes I know it's cheating to put them together which technically means I have six books on this list instead of the promised five. But guys, I couldn't help it! They're both so awesome and possibly some of my most read books as I re-read them whenever
I'm feeling sad.



2. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

This book  is so incredibly unique. Seriously. It pulled me into the story and Juliettes head and as odd a place as that was to be, I didn't want the book to end and for me to have to leave. The writing was poetic and lyrical and beautiful. Not to mention how deeply I fell in love with Adam.


And....

1. Divergent by Veronica Roth

This was my favourite book for the year hands down. I've read and re-read it and then read it again. I've reccomended it and gifted it and scared randoms in bookstores by trying to force them to read it. Full of action as well as romance I could not recommend this book more. With all the layers of secret and mystery in Divergent, it is truly a page turner that I will never be able to forget. I need --need I tell you-- Insurgent NOW! Or as soon as I can get my hands on it at least. 
 





So there you have it, my top five (shut up about the sixth) books of the year. I started to add a list of books that narrowly missed the list but it got too long! I can't wait to read the books of 2012 with all the awesomeness that seems to be coming!

Merry Christmas everyone, I hope you got lots of books and have a Happy New Year!


Laura H


No comments:

Post a Comment